this is from Victoria – lovely facilitator of our Startup Weekend 4. I wrote down short descriptions of competing teams and also our judging criteria for final pitches. Btw, don’t forget to buy your ticket for our BIG FINALE here > https://swbratislava4.eventbrite.com
List of startups:
1/ Football vibe
– mobile application, share which football team you support the most
– and the statistics is shown on Google map
– receive 1 loyality point every day, spend them on virtual geo-located souvenirs
2/ Be together
– geo-local app to match/flirt designed for the shy romantics
3/ Funny Shorts
– website designed to share funny content (from tv shows etc)
– think of it as a collaborative youtube playlist or the next 9gag
– local food aggregation system – view offers from different local food suppliers
– facial recognition system designed to determine emotions in order to help people succeed
6/ When do you come?
– real-time geolocal service enabling you to know where partner/family is
7/ Cloud Web Admin
– Administration API for hosting companies in the cloud
– Connects locals and foreigners by promoting Egnlish-language social events
– e- commerce site helping people in Bratislava (goods, services)
– quirect is a company helping the recruiting professionals by enabling candidates to submit video responses to job offers
10/ Shader lab
– tool for mobile game developers, one of classic “from developers to developers” startup with really impressive technology
Our judging criteria are a little different, we focus more on business model and customer validation than financial aspects. Please see below:
•Business Model Validation
Who are their key partners? Is there a customer acquisition / rollout strategy? Did the team identify customers (demographic, location etc)? Did the team get out and talk to customers? What is the value proposition to customers? What is the cost and revenue breakdown?
Have they established a “Minimal Viable Product” for the weekend (software, hardware, etc.)? *Note: an MVP is the minimum set of features to be able to start collecting data. Were they able to demo something functional?
•User Experience Design
Does it have a professional look and feel? Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience? Is it memorable? What key insights were gathered over the weekend to go in this creative direction?
**Did this team come together this weekend and start from scratch?? Previous products/businesses/teams are welcome to build, but not eligible for winning**